I have been know to post photos of my healthy pancakes on Instagram, and I've often had people ask for the recipe. If I'm being totally honest about my kitchen habits, I don't often weigh or measure my ingredients, so I was a little sceptical to share my recipe (it's really just a case of chucking in lots of tasty ingredients and hoping they turn out okay - hence my really specific measurements below!), however I thought I'd share the rough recipe regardless of this as it's really not fair on humanity to keep such a delicious food secret for any longer.
Once you try these pancakes your weekend mornings will never be the same again. So, without further ado, here's what you'll need:
Pancake ingredients (makes roughly 6 pancakes)
- Three quarters of a mug of spelt flour
- Half a mug of rolled porridge oats
- 300-400ml coconut water
- 2 eggs (the fresher the better - we're lucky enough to get them straight from our chickens!)
- A handful of chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Nut butter (my favourite is almond butter, but cashew and peanut will also work well)
- Mashed banana
- Agave nectar
- Ground cinnamon
- Berries, chopped figs, and/or dates also taste delicious on top
- Whisk the eggs and add the coconut milk
- Once these have combined sieve in the spelt flour and mix
- Stir in the oats and chia seeds
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a frying pan for approx. 2 mins
- Scoop a helping of pancake mixture into the pan and cook for approx. 2 mins each side until golden brown (get your flipping skills ready!)
- Ready to serve! Add your nut butter, mashed banana, cinnamon, agave nectar, and any other tasty healthy additions you like!
- Repeat until the mixture is gone... (don't forget to put a little bit of coconut oil in your pan before each one).
So I hope you find the time to have a go at making this amazing weekend treat over the next few weeks as they really are the perfect way to indulge without feeling too naughty at the weekend - a true Beautifully Healthy outlook on life. Send me your Instagram snaps if you do!
Love Lucy x
P.S. These are also dairy free :)