Saturday 22 June 2013

LUSH Cosmetic Warrior: my secret skin weapon!

Why can't I have perfect skin? (The question I am constantly asking myself!). It seems so unfair that most of my friends have perfect complexions, whereas I regularly have to battle blemishes and breakouts. Being in my early-20s, I am of course no longer a teenager, so having these "teenage" skin problems are a real bore. I have a twice-daily Clinique routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising; I always take my makeup off before bed, or before exercise; I drink enough water and eat my 5-a-day; I am forever washing my hands and obsessing over hygiene - and yet I still seem to have skin that has a mind of it's own. Unlucky for me, I just have difficult hormones and very sensitive skin, (although it is true that I could do with more sleep!).

Having tried almost every treatment available - creams, gels, lotions, tablets, supplements, etc. - I was very close to feeling completely exasperated, until one day back in October last year I went into LUSH in Covent Garden to try and find a natural solution to my skin woes. I was drawn to the face mask section, as I thought it was a good place to start. I started chatting to a lady who worked at the shop, explaining my issue, and she suggested that I tried Cosmetic Warrior. Intrigued by it's courageous name, I asked what was in it. The main ingredient was garlic. Ew. I was horrified at the thought of putting garlic on my face, but the LUSH lady promised me that garlic was an amazing antiseptic, and slowly coaxed me into giving it a go.

LUSH
cosmetic warrior fresh face mask
£5.95


Nine months on and I wish I could remember which lady served me, as I would love to go back and give her a huge thank-you hug! My skin is so much better than it was: my pores have tightened, I have significantly fewer blemishes, and the ones I do get are less angry and much easier to deal with. I am not going to lie and say that my skin is completely perfect, and that Cosmetic Warrior is a miracle product, but I can honestly say that it is one of the best facial products I have ever discovered, and now I couldn't live without it.

I use the mask 2-4 times a week, making sure that my face is completely clean of any makeup before I apply it, and then I leave it on for about ten minutes each time. All you need is a bit of warm water to wash it off, and your skin will instantly feel fresher and in better condition. The garlic is what makes it so effective, but here is a list of some the other products in it (all fresh): green grapes, free range eggs, honey, and tea tree oil. The garlic and the tea tree oil both act as antiseptics, fighting those evil blemishes, and the other natural, fresh ingredients nourish and feed the skin.


I really can't recommend this product enough if you suffer from similar problems to me, and even if you have other skin worries, still give LUSH fresh face masks ago. My experience of their staff is that they are all well trained and very helpful, so I am sure that they will help you to find the face mask that best suits your skin type. 

Just before I go I'll share my two top LUSH fresh face mask tips with you: 1) use the product within the first two weeks of purchasing for the best results, 2) once you've collected up 5 LUSH pots, take them all back into the store with you and you'll get a 6th fresh face mask totally free!

Have you found any great products for fighting your skin dilemmas? 

Love Lucy x

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I love Lush products and the staff are always so friendly and genuinely helpful. I still get the odd spot break out and it is frustrating - I'm nearly 26 so feel far too old to still suffer from teenage skin, I shall definitely give this a go the next time my skin starts misbehaving. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I'll have to give this a go then!

    xXx
    Blog: http://unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.blogspot.co.uk
    Shop: http://unspeakablethoughtsunspoken.tictail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great product and it just reminds me of all the home remedies that do work! I grew out my blemishes but I'm always looking for products that give me a smoother skin tone!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete