Sunday 30 June 2013

Are you beach ready? - the beauty edit

To complement my beach fashion edit yesterday, today I shall share with you my top beach beauty products. To feel your best on the beach it is essential to put some pampering hours in before your departure date (and besides, which girl doesn't like to pamper herself from time to time?). The key to feeling you best on the beach is glowing skin, a good mani and pedi, and shining healthy hair. My simple top tips for glowing skin are (after a good waxing session!) 1) exfoliate 2) moisturise 3) protect in the sun. For a good mani and pedi you could pop to the beauty parlour, but if you can't afford this option or don't have the time, all you need is a good nail file and buffer, a bold bright nail polish, and gorgeously soft soles and palms. Finally for shining healthy hair head to the salon for a trim, and then make sure you use products which nourish your barnet. So read on for my tried and tested products to help you follow these top tips. 

THE EXFOLIATOR 

SANCTUARY
salt scrub
£11.25

THE MOISTURISER

PALMER'S
cocoa butter formula
£3.77

THE PROTECTION

NIVEA SUN
invisible protection factor 30
£7.34

THE NAIL POLISH

ESSIE
muchi muchi
£7.99

THE FOOT LOTION


BURT'S BEES
peppermint foot lotion
£12.99

THE HAND CREAM

L'OCCITANE
verbena cooling hand cream gel
£14

THE LIP BALM

BURT'S BEES
replenishing lip balm with pomegranate
£3.69

THE HAIR CARE

AUSSIE
3 minute miracle shine
£4.99

MY FINAL SECRET


VITA COCO
pure coconut water 1 litre
£3.49

Each of these products I use regularly when preparing for the beach, but also just for summer in general. My final secret - Vita Coco - is probably my best. For the last few months I have had some almost every morning, and it really does make you feel great. It's hydrating, nourishing, and totally delicious, and is the secret skin weapon for some of our top super models such as Miranda Kerr. 

So I hope that some of my fashion and beauty tips will help you to feel your best on the beach this summer. But I would like to finish by saying that we really shouldn't put too much pressure on ourselves to feel "perfect". Sure it's nice to buy a few nice items of clothing, and to look after your body to feel pampered, but do these things for yourself, not because you feel the pressure to look "perfect". Who wants to be "perfect" anyway? Imperfections are beautiful - so try to embrace your imperfections this summer!

Love Lucy x

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I must try that scrub it sounds fabulous and there's nothing better than coconut water!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete